Noting the recent stance taken by the KNS in regards to the Sedition Act
Further Noting the need for central leadership of the nation's news
Be it resolved that:
- The KNS will forthwith be considered the official property of the nation of Kirkland.
- A Director of the KNS will be placed in charge of the day to day administration of the KNS.
- The Director of the KNS will be considered an Under-Secretary position inside the Office of the Prime Minister.
- The Director of the KNS may enact any policy inside the KNS so long as said policy does not conflict with any Act of Parliament or Decree of the Emperor.
- The KNS will not be permitted to publish any work without the prior consent of the Prime Minister and the Director of the KNS.
- Reporters for the KNS will be required to document all sources for their news stories. No anonymous sources will be allowed.
- Reporters for the KNS will be required to report the full contents of any interview, statement, or document to the Director of the KNS so as the be vetted for possible seditious statements made by the interviewee.
- The release of classified documents by reporters will be considered equal to treason.
- The KNS will not be allowed to publish or make known to the public any opinions that are contrary to the official position of the Government of Kirkland.
- Reporting on bills put forth in Parliament must be limited to reporting only of the contents of the bill. No opinions from Members of Parliament or the public on a bill before Parliament will be permitted.
His Imperial and Most Serene Majesty Brayden I, by the Grace of God, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of Kirkland, King of Kirkland, Grand Duke of Alovia, Duke of Valoria and Symphona, Marquess and Head of the Most Noble and Ancient House of Drown, Earl of Drakon, Sovereign of the Most Noble Order of the Golden Eagle, Sovereign of the Noble Order of the Blue Garter, Sovereign of the Most Honorable Order of the White Stag, Sovereign of the Most Venerable Order of Saint Michael, Sovereign of the Most Excellent Order of the Silver Horn, Sovereign of the Distinguished Order of Merit, Knight of the Golden Eagle, Knight of Saint Thomas