Noting the need to protect our faith
Further noting the potential for heretical acts in Kirkland
Be it resolved that:
- Heresy be defined as opinions or doctrines at variance with the orthodox or accepted doctrines of the Lutheran Church of Kirkland, the maintaining of such opinions or doctrines, or the willful and persistent rejection of any article of faith by a baptized member of the Lutheran Church of Kirkland.
- Heresy shall be illegal and punishable.
- The punishment for committing an act of heresy shall be banishment for no less than 2 years.
- The punishment for teaching heresy shall be no less than banishment for 5 years.
- Trials for those accused of heresy shall be done before a body of high ranking religious officials rather than in the Kirkish Supreme Court.
- A College of Bishops shall be created that shall act as the body described in Section 5. The College of Bishops shall be appointed by the Sovereign and shall serve for life, until they resign, or upon being removed by the Sovereign.
- The College of Bishops shall have the power to make policies that shall be considered the governing policies of the Lutheran Church of Kirkland.
- The College of Bishops shall have the power to make policies that will create a special code of law regarding religious acts to be administered and enforced by the College of Bishops.
- Anyone who does not profess to be a Christian shall not be subject to this law.
- The College of Bishops may review any person to determine if they are truly a Christian or not so as to determine the applicability of this law.
- The College of Bishops may review any group to determine if they are truly Christian or not so as to determine the applicability of this law.
His Imperial and Most Serene Majesty Brayden I, by the Grace of God, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of Kirkland, King of Kirkland, Grand Duke of Alovia, Duke of Valoria and Symphona, Marquess and Head of the Most Noble and Ancient House of Drown, Earl of Drakon, Sovereign of the Most Noble Order of the Golden Eagle, Sovereign of the Noble Order of the Blue Garter, Sovereign of the Most Honorable Order of the White Stag, Sovereign of the Most Venerable Order of Saint Michael, Sovereign of the Most Excellent Order of the Silver Horn, Sovereign of the Distinguished Order of Merit, Knight of the Golden Eagle, Knight of Saint Thomas